COVID-19 Update #5
COVID-19 Updates Monday, 20 Apr 2020
Congratulations to our Calvary community on making it through to our Easter break, in what has been a most unusual Term 1.
I would like to particularly thank our Parents and Students for their support and flexibility over the last number of weeks as we have navigated our way through the COVID-19 challenge. It is not over and we may have a long road ahead of us, so thankyou Calvary.
In this udpate I will be covering a range of issues pertaining to Term 2 and what we can expect in the coming weeks.
Important things to know and do:
- Please complete and submit the online Survey sent this week. This is very important for our planning for Term 2.
- A second survey will be emailed out to families in the coming days to register for ‘Learning from Home.’ This survey will be important to assist us to know the number of students learning at home or at school.
- Primary and Secondary Colleges will be communicating information regarding student log on details and passwords.
- These ‘log on’ details will give students access to our ‘MyCalvary’ class pages. This will go live Monday, April 20, 2020 at 8.30am.
- As previously communicated we will be doing the same learning journey whether at home or at the College. We are going to start this journey carefully and look to build the delivery as we get further into Term 2.
- There are no changes to the College BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) roll out. We do not expect parents to go out and purchase a device just for this learning from home time period. Students coming to College for Term 2 will use the College supplied devices.
- To provide further clarification around the definition of ‘essential workers’ – If you cannot work or learn from home, you should be sending your child to the College. Parents please note – you do have a choice to make here. The more students that learn from home and stay safe at home, the lower the risk of COVID-19 transmission. This is a correct and necessary measure. If this is not possible for your family/students you should be sending them to the College.
- In the first week of the Easter break families will receive an email from the relevant College Directory (Primary or Secondary) regarding particular information about our ‘MyCalvary’ class pages.
Stay safe, stay home, stay connected Calvary.
Steve Downes College Principal